Home | Outreach | Articles | Services | Personal Development | Poems | Events | Others

D’KINGZ Pen is media organization that is motivated by the desire to impact and influence the society positively through various media platforms. more info: Email: dkingzpen@yahoo.com Whatsapp: +2348036524707 Twitter @Dkingzpen IG:@Dkingzpen

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Building a Better Educational Sector-part 2


This article is a response to a recent post-http://dkingzpen.blogspot.com/2013/07/building-better-educational-sector.html. One of my very good online friends and follower on twitter response to the post reads thus, “nice piece, but how do we change the attitude and mindset of people. It’s such a bewildering complex.”

For any meaningful and remarkable improvement to take place in our educational sector, we have to realize that no profession is inferior to the other, there are only different professions. Thus, the teaching profession should not be seen as inferior. It is in fact one of the most important in any human society.

I appreciate everyone that I have learnt from directly or indirectly, formally or otherwise thanks for contributing to my growth and development.

The experience I had during my compulsory national service year is one experience I will cherish for a life time. Although a challenging period, no thanks to post election crisis and the high level of insecurity.

My first day in that school brought tears to my eyes, I was so disappointed-I had never thought of teaching, I pitied myself! I couldn’t just comprehend seeing myself stay here for a year...chai!! Almost immediately, a voice within said, “…is your personal comfort more important that the lives and destinies at stake here?”

Although it was a tough decision to make and accept but at the end, I am happy I did.

 To have a better educational sector, we must be willing to sacrifice-no good thing come to be without sacrifice. Everyone cannot work in the bank, oil-company or become a CEO etc. the pay may not be attractive but the reward is worth it. Moreover, it not all about how much you earn, but how financially intelligent you have.

The good book says, “if the foundation be faulty what can the righteous do”? Unless we address the foundation of our beloved country, things will always remain the same and one of the ways of doing (building a better society) so is through the educational sector.

…a great nation needed to be built on a strong intellectual foundation.

                                                                        Chinua Achebe

There is the urgent need to return to the foundation i.e. the schools where the future leaders are built and correct their corrupted mindset, things will remain the same. We should imbibe in them the true VALUES of life and challenge them to embrace the right path.

The government may not do what we expect them to do. I wouldn’t blame them. They are a bunch of confused group without a clear vision and plan for the masses neither do they have any idea of what the future holds. If the government or our leaders refuse to do the right thing, there is nothing wrong in showing them what to do. It begins with you and I!
+Adenike Adeyemi +gempublications +deola kayode +usifo john +Olusola Samuel +Deoye Falade +Bimbo Ogunleye +Ayo Ojebode 

No comments:

Post a Comment