Home | Outreach | Articles | Services | Personal Development | Poems | Events | Others

D’KINGZ Pen is media organization that is motivated by the desire to impact and influence the society positively through various media platforms. more info: Email: dkingzpen@yahoo.com Whatsapp: +2348036524707 Twitter @Dkingzpen IG:@Dkingzpen

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Learning at the Elders’ Feet -3


The importance of having a mentor can never be over accentuated. They are people who have gone ahead, their past is our present- they know what we aspiring to learn, they have fallen and they know what it takes to rise and spur on with uncommon determination, zeal and fervency. Although, things have changed yet, that does not undermine the importance of having. Just as I’ve always said, if you don’t have a mentor, please get one ASAP!!!

It’s been a rigorous leaning process for me lately, I have been privileged to move closer and interact more with one of my main teachers. For me it has been one of the blessings of the unending ASUU strike, I have learnt what academic activities would have deprived me of.

 He came into my life at a point when I was about giving up on life. Although, some would say that, it’s too early to call it quit as a teenager. And I would reply with, “never blame me for doing what I did because you don’t know what I was going through.” I have a special burden for young people, especially teenagers. The pressure is much on them and we all have to come to their aid, rather than criticize them.

Some unpleasant experiences that crossed my path at a very tender age almost made me give up on the future. Thanks to a God set father-Godfather, who was on point to give me every reason to keep moving on, those mess form the content of MY MESSAGE today. He practically thought me how to read, and much more the importance of continuous and consistent personal development.  In books, I have found so many things that have made me a better person today. I may not be there yet, but I am not where I used to be.

My God sent father, a Teacher, someone who inspires me and shares his experience with me both the good and the bad ones. You have filled a great Vacuum in my life… I’m getting emotional, I have to take some break now… to be continued!!!

 For feedback etc. Call: +2348024552797
BBM:222C9AE7
Adexbam2002@yahoo.com
Twitter:@Dkingzpen

   

No comments:

Post a Comment